11 July 2019, 14:46

The Moscow police treated the arrested Crimean Tatars politely, but ignored the petitions - Lawyer

Close

All seven Crimean Tatars, who were detained July 10 on Red Square in Moscow, have already been released.

This information was confirmed by lawyer Aleksandr Pikhovkin in commentary to QHA media.

Fevzi Abduramanov, Eskender Lyumanov, Sinaver Nimetullaev, Reshat Emiruseinov, Siyar Gafarov, Enver Saytumerov and Seyran Dzhemilev have already been released, they are fine, they were released after three hours of detention, as the law requires,” he said.

Their state of health is normal, they have no complaints about the order of detention and the order of keeping in custody, fortunately. The police treated them quite well, politely and correctly, asked about their state of health, the lawyer noted.

According to Pikhovkin, seven of the Crimean Tatars who were released from the police station Kitay gorod, are charged with article 20.2, part 5 of the RF administrative code – “violation of the order during public events”. This article provides for a fine of 10 to 20 thousand rubles or mandatory work for up to 40 hours.

The detained protesters filed written petitions, which the police left without attention and without consideration: on the administrative proceedings in their native language, on the admission of counsel, on consideration of the proceedings at the place of registration, and not at the place of the alleged offense.

“The fact that none of these applications was considered was an independent violation, because, according to the code, the written request of the participants should be considered immediately,” said lawyer Pikhovkin.

Seven Crimean Tatars were detained by the Russian police during protest on Red Square in Moscow and taken to the China Town police station. In total, more than 20 Crimean Tatars took part in the protest, mainly veterans of the human rights movement. After some time, the detainees were released during the picket.

Today in Moscow, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation to consider an appeal in the case of Crimean Tatars convicted of “terrorism and the violent seizure of power.” The Head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatars, Refat Chubarov, previously called on human rights activists, journalists, diplomats to come to court and support the defendants in fabricated cases.

Enver Mamutov, Remzi Memetov, Zevri Abseitov and Rustem Abiltarov were deprived of their freedom in occupied Crimea in May 2016 and were tried in the “Hizb ut-Tahrir case” in the “first Bakhchysarai group.” In December 2018, the North Caucasian District Military Court sentenced these four Crimean Tatars to a total of 44 years (17 + 9 + 9 + 9) imprisonment.