Five Crimean Tatars detained on Kerch bridge. They were soon released | QHA media
26 December 2019, 11:19

Five Crimean Tatars detained on Kerch bridge. They were soon released


At night Russian security forces on the Kerch bridge detained five Crimean Tatars at the entrance to the occupied Crimea.

According to public association Crimean Solidarity, a bus with nine Crimean Tatars returning from Moscow was stopped by police officers. In Moscow they attended the court hearing where an appeal against the verdict for the persons involved in the “first Simferopol group” of the “Hizb ut-Tahrir case” was considered.

Documents of all those on the bus were checked, but five people did not have their passports returned. They were detained and asked for questioning.

The detained Crimean Tatars were handed questionnaires to fill out. Referring to article 51 of the constitution of the Russian Federation, they refused to give any answers.

Світлина від Крымская солидарность.

Among the detainees were activists Sabri Selyametov, Osman Khoshchu, Zekiy Kulametov, Rustem Kurkchi and Seydamet Mustafayev.

Soon all the detainees were released.

❗️ЗАДЕРЖАНИЕ НА КЕРЧЕНСКОМ МОСТУUPD. После опроса, всех находящихся в автобусе осмотрели через детектор…

Опубліковано Крымская солидарность Середа, 25 грудня 2019 р.

On October 22, three Crimean Tatars were also detained by Russian security forces in the area of ​​the Kerch bridge. Residents of Crimea Ansar Osmanov, Ali Kerimov and Amet Suleymanov returned after participating in the trial in the Southern District Military Court over the “Yalta group” in the “Hizb ut-Tahrir case” as listeners. They were held without documents for more than six hours, but were soon released.

In May, Russian border guards detained three Crimean Tatars, among whom was a veteran of the national movement, a member of the World Congress of Crimean Tatars, Zevdzhet Kurtumerov, at the crossing of the administrative border with the annexed Crimea.

The detention occurred during the search of personal belongings. Soon, all three Crimean Tatars were released by the security forces, and they entered the occupied Crimea.