ANKARA (QHA) -

Over the three years of the annexation of Crimea, the security forces conducted about a thousand searches in the homes of Crimean Tatars.

The member of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people, the director of the news agency QHA and Hayat Radio Gayana Yuksel provided the relevant data at the International Black Sea Cultural and Tourist and Media Forum in Rize, Turkey, according to QHA correspondent.

In particular, Gayana Yuksel said that the seizure of the buildings of the Crimean parliament by Russian security forces, which occurred from 26 to 27 February 2014, became a tragic challenge for the Crimean Tatars. Since then, searches have begun in the homes of Crimean Tatars.

“Over three years, about a thousand searches were conducted in the homes of Crimean Tatars. People in masks burst into their sleeping homes early in the morning and take away the fathers in front of children, accusing them of terrorism. As of now, 100 children were left without fathers, who were arrested by the occupation authorities for political reasons. Repression not only continues, but gets tougher," she said, adding that 6 people have been recently detained in Bakhchysarai, and one of them had 12 children.

Gayana Yuksel noted that the Russian authorities are using increasingly repressive methods to silence the Crimean Tatars who did not recognize the occupation, to take revenge on them and eliminate them. She also pointed to the fact that Russian media is facilitating this process.

Since the beginning of occupation, 11 Crimean media have been forced to leave the peninsula and resumed their work in the mainland Ukraine.

Earlier QHA reported that the International Black Sea Cultural, Tourism and Media Forum, dedicated to the situation in the world and, in particular, the events of July 15, 2016 in Turkey, opened its work in Rize (Turkey).

The forum, which is attended by more than 40 journalists, will last two days

QHA