A branch of the Association of Culture and Mutual Aid for the Crimean Tatars in the Turkish city of Eskisehir hosts the meeting of the Coordination Council of the World Congress of Crimean Tatars on July 29 - 31.
The agenda and programme of the meeting is as follows:
1. Briefing on the situation in Crimea and the activities and meetings on national issues by the Chairman of the WCCT Refat Chubarov.
2. Further actions of the Congress concerning the kidnapped member of the WCCT Coordination Council Ervin Ibragimov, and other missing or detained Mejlis members and Crimean Tatars.
3. Address of the WCCT Coordination Council to introduce amendments to the Constitution of Ukraine on creation of the Crimean Tatar Autonomous Republic.
4. Appeal to other states to recognize the Crimean Tatar nation as an "indigenous people", and to use this term in the media.
5. Establishment of the Youth Committee at the WCCT.
6. Establishment of the International Foundation for the Support of the Crimean Tatar students.
7. Registration of the World Congress of the Crimean Tatars.
8. Briefing on the activities in Kherson region
Today, July 29, guests and members of the Coordination Council and the Audit Commission of the WCCT from other countries are arriving in the Turkish city of Eskisehir.
July 30, the program will include the official opening of the three-day meeting of the WCCT Coordination Council involving the protocol and accredited guests, a number of protocol meetings, the opening of the Crimean Tatar ethnographic museum, presentation of the honorary title of Doctor to the Leader of the Crimean Tatar people Mustafa Jemilev at Anadolu University, as well as evening activities for the guests.
July 31 is the closing day of the meeting.
The following events have been scheduled on this day: Meeting of the WCCT Coordination Council, a conference, closed meetings of the WCCT Coordination Council, as well as the open press conference at the Cultural Centre named after Hassan Polatkan. The latter is to be attended by Mustafa Jemilev, the Leader of the Crimean Tatar people, and Refat Chubarov, Head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people and Chairman of the World Congress of Crimean Tatars.