The event will be held from 4:00 p.m.to 5:30 p.m. in the Hofburg Palace (Michaelerkuppel, 1010, room 533 (fifth floor).
Human rights activists of the Center for Human Rights Information will provide the facts of systematic infringements on freedom of speech in the occupied Crimea to the international community, as well as information about their organizers and performers. The list includes the names of 56 people involved in the harassment of journalists in the Crimea. They are Russian and Crimean officials, employees of the occupational security service, law enforcement agencies, members of the "Crimean self-defense", those who attacked media workers and others.
The speakers are:
• Yuri Lukanov, journalist, Human Rights Information Center, moderator;
• Yulia Kazdobin, Counselor of the Ministry for Information Policy of Ukraine;
• Gayana Yuksel, editor-in-chief of the Crimean News Agency;
• Andrey Klimenko, editor-in-chief of the BlackSeaNews news agency;
• Elena Yurchenko, Crimean journalist, secretary of the National Union of Journalists of Ukraine.
The Side Event is organized with the support of the British Embassy in Ukraine.