SIMFEROPOL/AQMESCIT (QHA) -

Nikolai Polozov, lawyer of Ahtem Chiygoz, gave a full description of today's interrogation of  the "victims" in the court, according to his Facebook page.

“The first questioned victim was Lantsedov Vladimir Fedorovich. He had learned about the February 26 rally from the ataman. He did not see Ahtem Chiygoz during the rally. As previously questioned victims, he was talking about two different rallies and a stampede occurred. He said that did not enter the courtyard of the Supreme Council.

The second interrogated victim was Traknov Maxim Konstantinovich. He became aware of the February 26 rally after the call of his relative - Kosintsev Alexei Nikolaevich (also a victim of the case). He didn’t see Ahtem Chiygoz, and was unaware of his role in the rally.

The third victim - Shparyev Igor Vladimirovish - was interrogated after the lunch break. He didn’t see Ahtem Chiygoz as well, and was standing in the "chain" together with members of the "people's militia". According to him, he was at the rally to ensure public order. The statements of Shparyev , as well as the testimony of a number of other victims, questioned earlier the other days, have caused with Ahtem Chiygoz and his defence well-founded doubts about the adequacy of perception and reproduction of information by the victims, as well as about their stable mental state, which was reported to the court.

The last interrogated victim was the Byzov Viktor Kirillovich. He arrived at the rally alone. He stood in the "chain" together with other members of the "people's militia." He heard the speeches of Chubarov and Aksyonov, calling for order and calm. Byszov didn’t see Ahtem Chiygoz and was unaware of his actions."

8.48 p.m. - The court completed. The next hearing will take place on Wednesday, September 7, at 9.30 a.m.

6.30 p.m. - Nikolai Polozov told about the court hearing into the case of Ahtem Chiygoz. Part 2.

4.06 p.m. - The fourth victim is Byzov Victor Kirillovich, a member of the "people's militia," as well.

2.27 p.m.  - The trial of Ahtem Chiygoz has been continued. Next victim is Shparyev Igor Vladimirovich - Chief of the Staff "of the Crimean United Cossacks." He stated that the rally on February 26, 2014 was arranged by the United Russia party. 

1.10 p.m. - Nikolai Polozov told about  the court hearing into the case of Ahtem Chiygoz.

12.20 p.m. - The interrogation of the victim Traknov is completed and the hearing has been adjourned until 14.00 p.m.

11.30 a.m. - Next victim is Traknov Maxim Konstantinovich, now the inspector in the "people's militia".

10.19 a.m. - Lantsedov Vladimir Fedorovich, member of "Salgirsky Cossacks,” is declared the first victim today.

10.15 a.m. - The judges refused to recuse the prosecutor as well as to grant the petition seeking to bring Chiygoz to the courtroom.

10.00 a.m. – The defense has challenged prosecutor Supryaga because of her indirect interest in the outcome of the case.

9.45 a.m. - The hearing into the case of the Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people  began with the replacement of the prosecutor Dombrovski as he went on vacation. So, Supryaga Anastasia appointed a new prosecutor. However, she has not submitted the order of her admission to the proceeding.

The hearing of the case of Ahtem Chiygoz, the Mejlis Deputy Chairman, is being held in Simferopol today, September 6.  He is charged with organizing an unsanctioned rally outside the building of the Supreme Council of Crimea on February 26, 2014.

As QHA reported earlier, the Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ahtem Chiygoz is not present at the hearings in his case due to the discriminatory rules on the defendant’s remote participation in the first instance trials. This is the first time Russia has applied such judicial practice.

According to the lawyer Nicolai Polozov, the government thereby wants to test the use of new law provisions. For example, the ability to disable the broadcast if the defendant begins delivering speeches the judges do not like (previously Chiygoz had a number of bright performances during the process).

The Crimean "authorities" decided to consider the case of the Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People Ahtem Chiygoz separate from the so-called "February, 26 case."

Chiygoz has been kept in the Simferopol detention center since the end of January 2015. He is charged with Part 1of Article 212 of the Russian Criminal Code (‘organizing mass disorder’), which is punishable by a 10-year jail term.

Six persons are charged with involvement in mass riots during a rally held outside the Crimean Supreme Council on February 26, 2014. Three of them, Ahtem Chiygoz, Mustafa Degermenzhi and Ali Asanov, are being held in Simferopol’s pre-trial detention center No.1, while the other three, Eskender Kantemirov, Arsen Yunusov and Eskender Emirvaliyev, have been released on bail and are awaiting trial.

PHOTO: QHA

QHA