SIMFEROPOL / AQMESCIT (QHA) -

16:08 - Next victim Mokshin Oleg Ivanovich, Chief of Staff of the "people's militia."

14:20 - After the lunch break, the questioning of the third victim Zaychinsky Vladimir Nikolaevich, inspector of the "people's militia," has started.

12:13 - During questioning Kolesnikov said that he was not a member of the "people's militia", and the investigator incorrectly recorded in the minutes.

11:13 - The third victim - Kolesnikov Andrey Anatolievich - was also a member of the 3rd  company of the "people's militia."

10:53 - Next victim is Kolesnikov Sergey Viktorovich, a member of the 7th company of the "people's militia."

10:45 - The first victim in the case of Chiygoz - Shlomovich Vasily Vladimirovich, a participant of AntiMaidan in Kyiv. At the time of annexation of Crimea, he was a member of the "people's militia."

9:41 – Today the representatives of the Amnesty International monitoring mission attend the trial of Ahtem Chiygoz,  lawyer Nikolai Polozov reports from the courtroom.

The 19th hearing into the case of Ahtem Chiygoz, the Mejlis Deputy Chairman, is being held in Simferopol today, September 27. He is charged with organizing an unsanctioned rally outside the building of the Supreme Council of Crimea on February 26, 2014.

September 21, the "Chiygoz case" - a trumped-up trial of the Mejlis Deputy Chairman of Ahtem Chiygoz - took another twist after the evidence given by Vladimir Leontiev, the spouse of V.D. Koreneva, deceased at the rally on February 26, 2014. He said he does not blame Ahtem Chiygoz for the death of his wife, lawyer Nikolai Polozov said after the court hearing.

September 13, the Court of Appeals considered the appeal against the division of the "February 26 case". The Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ahtem Chiygoz, as well as Mustafa Degermendzhi and Ali Asanov, accused of the riots outside the building of the Supreme Council of Crimea on February 26, 2014, did not attend the hearing personally. Yet again they give their evidence via video communications. The judges refused to grant the prosecutor's and the lawyers’ appeals. The "February 26 case" will be considered separately onward.

As QHA reported earlier, the Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ahtem Chiygoz cannot attend the hearings on his case due to the discriminatory rules on the defendant’s remote participation in the first instance trials. This is the first time Russia has applied such judicial practice.

According to the lawyer Nikolai Polozov, the government thereby wants to test the use of new law provisions. For example, the ability to disable the broadcast if the defendant delivers speeches the judges do not like (previously Chiygoz had a number of bright performances during the process).

Chiygoz has been kept in the Simferopol detention center since the end of January 2015. He is charged with Part 1 of Article 212 of the Russian Criminal Code (‘organizing mass disorder’), which is punishable by a 10-year jail term.

Six persons are charged with involvement in mass riots during a rally held outside the Crimean Supreme Council on February 26, 2014. Three of them, Ahtem Chiygoz, Mustafa Degermenzhi and Ali Asanov, are being held in Simferopol’s pre-trial detention center No.1, while the other three, Eskender Kantemirov, Arsen Yunusov and Eskender Emirvaliyev, have been released on bail and are awaiting trial.

QHA