ROSTOV-ON-DON (QHA) -

The next hearing of the Ukrainian pilot’s case is scheduled for March 9.

“The evidence of Savchenko’s innocence was proven as far back as 6 months ago. Once again I want to say that in Russia procedural arguments in political cases mean nothing. We realize that such decisions are not made in the Donetsk Court,” said Mark Feigin, a lawyer of Nadezhda Savchenko, in his interview with journalists.

In his turn, Ilya Novikov, the second defender of Nadezhda  Savchenko, has said that due to the denial of the last word the defendant announces a dry hunger strike starting today. During a meeting at Donetsk court on Thursday, March 3, Nadezhda Savchenko said that the prosecutors’ accusations are not backed up by evidence, since the expertise, proving her implication in the death of Russian journalists in the East of Ukraine, was not carried out.

“I want no one else be misled by the prosecutor’s nonsense that I have committed any crime. You have not performed any expert examination of this. What right do you have to say about this?” Nadezhda Savchenko expressed her indignation.

It was reported earlier that the defence of Nadezhda Savchenko will not appeal the verdict. Ilya Novikov, a lawyer of the Ukrainian pilot, said that this decision was taken by Nadezhda Savchenko herself.


Photo: Internet

QHA