(QHA) -

Russian authorities said on Thursday that they have identified the suicide bombers responsible for two attacks that killed 34 people in the city of Volgograd last month and arrested two suspected accomplices in the violence-plagued Dagestan province, Reuters reports.

The National Anti-terrorism Committee said the culprits in the bombings that raised fears of further attacks before the Sochi Winter Olympics next week were members of a militant group in Dagestan in the restive North Caucasus.

As reported, about 34 people were killed in deadly blasts in Volgograd. Moscow is concerned that militants could be ramping up violence in the run-up to the 2014 winter Olympic Games in the city of Sochi in February.

QHA