Polozov: Defense deliberately delays Chiygoz case

More than 200 victims and witnesses are involved in the case of the Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People Ahtem Chiygoz.

17 August 2016 11:29

The Russian authorities have deliberately separated the "February 26 case" in order to break down all the persons involved one by one, said the lawyer Nikolai Polozov. The defense is carefully conducting interrogations basing on the number of victims and witnesses involved, Polozov told a QHA correspondent.

The problem is that the number of persons involved in this case that is the victims and witnesses is so high that the case cannot be considered fast. Maybe Russian authorities would like to handle it quickly, but we closely interrogate each victim and a witness in order to establish the validity of the accusations. So far, none of the victims has even seen him there. Therefore, we can say that the defense is trying to somehow delay the case. But our task is to conduct high quality protection to this legal platform so that we can build a proper political structure, said Polozov.

Photo: Internet