WARSAW (QHA) -

The Government is not going to permit entry to a group of Chechen immigrants who currently are stuck on the Polish-Belarusian border, said Interior Affairs Minister Mariusz Blaschak.

On the air of TVN24 TV Channel he said that now there is no war in Chechnya, and therefore the Polish authorities aren’t going to grant these people the refugee status, reported the BBC.

The Minister also stressed that this is an attempt to build a new route of illegal migration of Muslims into Europe.

We will not succumb to pressure of those who want a new migration crisis. Our policy is quite different. The Polish border is sealed. So far, there is no war in Chechnya, in contrast to the situation a few years ago, said Blaschak.

On Tuesday, the Polish and Belarusian media reported that a large group of Chechen people lined up on the Belarusian-Polish border not far from the city of Brest. Close to two hundred people wanted to get into the territory of Poland and asked for refugee status. These two days they have been living in makeshift camps on the Belarusian-Polish border. According to local media, the morning of Aug31, many Chechens left the "Brest" checkpoint as having failed to wait for the meeting with the Consul General of Poland.

Photo: Internet

QHA