Official website of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people is intended to be banned in the annexed Crimea, RIA Novosti reports citing the so-called Crimean prosecutor Natalia Poklonskaya.
“The court's decision has not yet entered into force. We have just sent all the materials, and a month period for appeal has not yet expired. The case materials to block this website are now under consideration, including by Roskomnadzor. We wait for the court decision to come into force,” said Poklonskaya.
It was reported earlier that the QHA news agency website is not available on the territory of Sevastopol. According to preliminary information, the reason is the domain block by local Russian-controlled government.
April 13, 2016, Natalia Poklonskaya, Kremlin-appointed "Prosecutor of Crimea" announced her decision to suspend activities of the Mejlis of Crimean Tatars in Crimea pending a court ruling.
April 15, 2016, a court hearing in the Mejlis ban was adjourned until 25 April. One of the reasons was the absence of the Mejlis Deputy Chairman Nariman Jelal.
April 18, 2016, the Russian Ministry of Justice has put the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people on the list of public and religious organizations banned “due to their extremist activities.” This action has been condemned by Ukraine, a number of international organizations and human rights defenders.
April 26, the illegitimate court in Crimea delivered a verdict in the Mejlis case, recognizing it an extremist organization and banning its activities in Russia, including Crimea.
The Head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Refat Chubarov said that the international organizations, including the United Nations, will respond to the Russia’s banning of the Mejlis by taking relevant actions in the coming days. He also noted that due to the illegal Russia’s court decision, the representative body of the Crimean Tatar people will carry out its activities in Kyiv, where a Special Council is being implementing, which includes Mustafa Jemilev, Leader of the Crimean Tatars, Refat Chubarov, Mejlis’s Chairman and 8 Mejlis members.
Nariman Jelyal, Mejlis First Deputy Chairman, said at the court hearing on April 26 that international organizations, such as the UN, the OSCE, the Turkish government, the United States and the European Union expressed their support for the Mejlis.
Trial of Chiygoz in Crimea: 31st hearing (UPDATED)
Crimea is not a part of Russia but a political tool
Steinmeier: Minsk agreement preserved peace in Europe
Rally in support of missing held near Russian Embassy
Construction of reservoir to cause damage to Crimean ecology
Hayser Jemilev may be soon released
Nearly 60 future police officers killed in Pakistan
Explosion in Antalya: Some people injured
Children of Crimean Deportation photo exhibition in Istanbul
Ukraine and Turkey will jointly produce military equipment
German politicians came to occupied Crimea
Russia: Question of humanitarian pause in Syria is not relev
MFA calls Syrian AMB to account for statement on Crimea
Occupants are preparing "electrical noose" for Crimean
It became known, where Ukrainians go to work
Plane crashed in Malta
Iraq: Two journalists killed in a war zone
Crimea felt lack of qualified health professionals
Lviv hosts National Communities Forum
Darkness and queues on ferry await Crimea
Disabled ATO soldiers proved their strength
The 46 Film Festival Molodist opened in Kyiv
"My Ukraine" on canvas of artist
Largest entertainment park for children opened in Kyiv
Power outages began in Crimea