(QHA) - A stark and brutal threat to attack the Sochi Olympics has been issued by two men claiming on a video to represent an Islamic militant group, Euronews reports.
In the warning directed at Russian President Vladimir Putin they say if the Games go ahead there will be, “a present for him and all tourists”.
It will, they add be in revenge for all the Muslim blood that is shed every day around the world.
The group claims it was behind the two suicide bombs in which at least 34 people were killed last month. A station and bus were targeted in the city of Volgograd in the attacks.
Two men called Suleiman and Abdurakhman claimed responsibility and were acting on behalf of a group known as Vilyat Dagestan which is linked to an Iraqi extremist faction called Ansar al-Sunna the video, which was posted on a social network site said.
The Games host city of Sochi lies on the western edge of the Caucasus mountains. To the north is Dagestan where militants are waging an insurgency to create an Islamist state.
The Russian President has acknowledged in an interview on Sunday the Games could be a target for terrorists. But said Russia has a “perfect understanding” of the threat and how to stop it.