WASHINGTON (QHA) -

On air of the American CNN TV Channel the representatives of the US political circles said that the airstrikes on the convoy on Tuesday, September 20, in Syria have not been committed by the Assad regime, but the Russian Aerospace Forces.

The US came to such a conclusion after examining the preliminary data on the incident that indicates Russia’s involvement in the attack. According to the data, only Russian aviation had an opportunity to carry out such an attack in the vicinity of Aleppo.

The local sources of information also confirm this fact.

The Pentagon studied data from satellites and radars that so far points that the Assad regime planes and helicopters have not been involved in the air strikes on a convoy with humanitarian aid, said one of the politicians, noting that the alternative air strikes are the basis of the Russian tactics and this what happened on Tuesday.

"Tank bombs" were dropped from helicopters on humanitarian convoy consisting of 20 freight trucks that headed to the area of Urum al-Kubra (Aleppo).

The attack burned the trucks, which were to deliver aid for 75 thousand Syrians, according to local sources. The humanitarian convoy for Syrian citizens was sent by the Red Crescent Organization. In addition to the loss of freight, the attack killed 12 people and injured 18.

During a week-long ceasefire in Syria, established on the first day of the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, President Bashar al-Assad's forces 254 times violated the ceasefire in 34 districts of the country, reported the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces in Syria.

Photo: Internet

QHA