Speaking at ‘Conductors of Changes’ forum of directors, Andrey Kolobov, Naftogaz Board Chairman, said Ukraine may completely stop importing Russian gas.
“I think we can safely say we will be able to do without Russian gas in 2016,’ he said.
It should be noted that Kolobov made this statement against the backdrop of a meeting of Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko and Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdymuhamedov in Turkmenistan, during which the latter said Turkmenistan is prepared to supply more energy resources to Ukraine.
“We are ready to increase energy supplies to Ukraine and do joint projects in this area,” said the Turkmen President.
The statement is a further indication of Ukraine’s commitment to do away with its dependence on Russia for energy and diversify its energy supplies.
It was reported earlier that Ukraine purchased only 30% of the total imported amount of gas from Russia, whereas the remaining 70% was delivered via alternative pipelines from Europe.
Egypt resold "Mistrals" to Russia for $ 1
Russia refused to release Kolchenko and Sentsov to Ukraine
Dzhemilev and TİKA opened the Crimean Tatar cultural center
RF Cabinet of Ministers ‘snips’ Black Sea
Court considered case of Mejlis member Zeynur Yakubov in Cr
Putin's sinister image
Road map plan to ensure security in Donbas
Prosecutor of ATO forces charged with illicit enrichment
Crimea-SOS announces rally in support of kidnapped in Crimea
Scary and amazing, leading to the world of the unconscious: exhibition of masks
Italy hinders introduction of new sanctions against Russia
Incidence of tuberculosis in Crimea is higher than in Russia
Umerov received 2 examination results from FSB
Putin feared to see NATO ships in Sevastopol
Russia refused to return control of Debaltsevo to Ukraine
Ships of Russian Navy are heading to Scotland
Collection of unique documents on Crimea presented in Kiev
Anti-terrorist exercises launched in Krasnogvardeiskoe
Sanctions against RF for annexation of Crimea may increase
What threatens Sevastopol with new public vehicles on routes
Poroshenko reminds Putin about Ukrainian hostages
Kiev bridges across the Dnipro
Coach Myron Markevich came under fire in Maryinka
AGROPORT starts its work in Kharkiv
Family of human rights defender Emir Usein Kuku persecuted