14:50 - The interrogation of the victim Vahlin completed. The next victim to testify is Vadim Bocharov.
14:30 - The court session resumed. There occurred some problems with communication in the beginning. The interrogation of the victim Vahlin continues.
12:40 - The first half of the Ahtem Chiygoz trial is finished. Interrogation of the victim Vahlin was not finished. The court adjourned until 14:00.
11:39 – The "victim" Vahlin continues to testify, but lost in his own evidence. So, first, he said that Chiygoz led the demonstrators [during a rally February 26, 2014 on the square in front of the Supreme Council of Crimea -. Ed.], And then explained that he had seen Chiygoz 25 meters away, but had not heard his words or seen any signs.
“The victim Vahlin makes no secret that he is a chauvinist and dislikes the Crimean Tatars. Ha told that his father beat the banderovtsy working in the People's Commissariat of Internal Affaires, ” reads the message on Nikolai Polozov Twitter.
9:47 - The lawyer Nikolai Polozov reported on Twitter on the beginning of the court session on the Ahtem Chiygoz case. First victim to testify is Sergey Vahlin, the "Crimean self-defense" member.
The 14th hearing on the case of Ahtem Chiygoz, the Mejlis Deputy Chairman, is being held in Simferopol today, September 15. He is charged with organizing an unsanctioned rally outside the building of the Supreme Council of Crimea on February 26, 2014.
September 13, the Court of Appeals considered the appeal against the division of the "February 26 case". The Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ahtem Chiygoz, as well as Mustafa Degermendzhi and Ali Asanov, accused of the riots near the building of the Supreme Council of Crimea February 26, 2014, did not attend the hearing personally. Yet again they give their evidence via video communications. The judges refused to grant the prosecutor's and the lawyers’ appeals. "February 26 case" will be considered separately onward.
As QHA reported earlier, the Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ahtem Chiygoz can not attend the hearings on his case due to the discriminatory rules on the defendant’s remote participation in the first instance trials. This is the first time Russia has applied such judicial practice.
According to the lawyer Nikolai Polozov, the government thereby wants to test the use of new law provisions. For example, the ability to disable the broadcast if the defendant delivers speeches the judges do not like (previously Chiygoz had a number of bright performances during the process).
The Crimean "authorities" decided to consider the case of the Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People Ahtem Chiygoz separate from the so-called "February, 26 case."
Chiygoz has been kept in the Simferopol detention center since the end of January 2015. He is charged with Part 1 of Article 212 of the Russian Criminal Code (‘organizing mass disorder’), which is punishable by a 10-year jail term.
Six persons are charged with involvement in mass riots during a rally held outside the Crimean Supreme Council on February 26, 2014. Three of them, Ahtem Chiygoz, Mustafa Degermenzhi and Ali Asanov, are being held in Simferopol’s pre-trial detention center No.1, while the other three, Eskender Kantemirov, Arsen Yunusov and Eskender Emirvaliyev, have been released on bail and are awaiting trial.