Mejlis enhances security measures amid attack rumors

27 January 2014 11:13
SIMFEROPOL (QHA) - The building of Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people in Crimean capital Simferopol may be attacked. Such information was spread among Crimean Tatars about a week ago. Day and night duty is being carried out at the Mejlis office bulding by the representatives of Mejlis, public organizations and Kurultay delegates. “So far, there have been no incidents, all is calm,” said a source from Mejlis to QHA agency. Activists plan to stay on duty for the next few weeks. To note, on January 28, Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people initiates a peaceful meeting on Simferopol’s central square, against bloodshed and dictatorship in Ukraine. At the same time, head of Mejlis Refat Chubarov told the Crimean Prime Minister Anatoly Mogilev during a telephone conversation that Mejlis has no purpose to participate in any actions promoting to seize administrative buildings in Crimea. As reported, anti-government protests in Ukraine spread from Kyiv to other Ukrainian regions, including the traditional Yanukovych strongholds. In many cities, administrative buildings are being seized.