Simferopol (QHA) - The first session of Crimean Tatar Kurultay of VI convocation started today. 250 delegates will take part in its work.
During the two days, Kurultay will consider the following issues:
1. On socio-political situation in Ukraine and the tasks of the national self-government and the system of national representation of the Crimean Tatar people in the restoration of rights of Crimean Tatars.
2. On introduction of amendments and additions to the documents governing the organization and functioning of Kurultay of Crimean Tatar people, its elected bodies and bodies of local self-governance.
3. On election of elected bodies of Kurultay and its officials.
4. On preparation of International forum on the restoration of rights of Crimean Tatar people.
5. On the tasks of bodies of national self-governance of Crimean Tatars and Crimean Tatar public and other organizations in connection to 70th anniversary of the genocide of Crimean Tatars.
6. Adoption of Kurultay documents.
To be noted, the key moment of the first session of Kurultay will be the election of a new head and composition of Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people.
As reported, election of delegates of Kurultay of VI convocation were held from April 27 till June 15 in 25 regions of Crimea as well as outside Crimea in such cities as Kherson, Kyiv, Melitopol, Zaporozhye. Also, elections were held in Uzbekistan.
Election of a new compound of Kurultay were held under a new electoral system, on the basis of universal, equal and direct suffrage by secret ballot.
Of the 250 Kurultay delegates, 200 seats were determined by majority districts. 50 mandates were given to political groups and public organizations.