Today, on February 17, the press conference ‘Russian occupation authorites are stepping up repressions against Crimean Tatars’ has been held in Kyiv.
Refat Chubarov, Chairman of the Mejlis and President of the World Congress of Crimean Tatars, told about the next wave of intensified repression against Crimean Tatars in occupied Crimea, as well as announced the latest list of victims repressed by Russian occupants.
“Russian occupation authorities strived to this and waited for the right occasion. Previously, they just did not have the courage to cross the line. What will happen next? We have no doubt that the decision to ban the Mejlis will be adopted. Crimean occupation authorities and the Prosecutor's Office are puppets. All the decisions are taken in the Kremlin,” he said.